Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Unemployment and our hard struck economy..

It all started in December, When I called my regular Seasonal job at Sees Candies, to See when I was to start for the Xmas season. They told me that they didn't need me this season, because they were also so hard hit with this bad economy. Said that they are going to train the cashiers to do stock instead of a separate stock person. I was devastated, This job I had for over 6 years as the seasonal stock clerk. I always looked forward to working, and for my discount on the candy. Can't beat $10.00 an hour.

You know, how hard it is too find a job, when all the places are either closing down or having huge layoffs? I was finally able to get unemployment, after a few months of dire poverty. Had trouble applying due to some identity problems with the EDD. They didn't think I was who I was saying I am. Oh well, In order to keep getting my unemployment I have to be actively looking for work, but I have been trying, Problem is no one is calling me back. Its a good thing my wife is working full time, if not we wouldn't be serviving. Well, this is it for today. Tomorrow is a new day, see you all then. Peace

I am hoping on the Dream that President Obama still has, I will give it a year to see if the economy picks up. I am praying that it does, hopefully soon.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment