Thursday, February 12, 2009

Memories of Benjamin Franklin High School

Above, Dan Auiler : Franklin Press Advisor and Teacher circa 1989'


Today's blog is about High School memories, of Friends who are not forgotten. It's been 17 years since I graduated from Franklin. Class of 1991', The Illuminati. Ever since I joined facebook, I have been trying to gather all the friends I knew into one place. Found friends that I haven't heard from or seen in years, outside my little group of friends. I just posted a bunch of pictures, I took out of my yearbooks, too bad the ones i wanted to post came out too blurry from my small digital camera. At times like this I wished I still had a scanner.

Out of all my friends I have found, I am glad that I am still friends with my Highschool Journalism teacher/mentor and friend, Dan Auiler. If it wasn't for his incouragement during those years at Franklin, I would have never started writing. I have been trying to get my poetry published ever since, but with all my rejection notices in the past, I pretty much left them on the back burner until the time is right.

I wished I had more pictures of myself from those years and the years I worked as a Volunteer at JANM....I have more pictures that I have taken then I do of myself. If anyone has any pics of me, from Highschool on, please post them to facebook or send me copies...

No comments:

Post a Comment