Friday, April 10, 2009

Ghost's of Little Tokyo Book Project



I started my research this week for the book I am writing on the Ghost's of Little Tokyo. I have always been interested in the history of Little Tokyo and of Japanese Americans ever since I started volunteering at the Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo from 1988 to 1996. With over 1000 hours of volunteer service under my belt and those first few years in JANM's Historic building. I have felt and heard things in both the balcony area, and in the back storage areas that was behind the original Altar in the upstairs exhibit hall. For some reason I have always felt uneasy in the balcony of that building, especially in the dark when I used to be usher for the plays and musicals we had in there.

Some background on my reasons for writing this book, My book will be unique because its a Buddhist's perspective on Ghosts and the paranormal. Searching for the truth to hauntings and of an afterlife. There are many books and websites online about Little Tokyo, but I have never seen any books on or about ghosts in Little Tokyo. I think there will be a good market for my book.

Sample Chapters will be:
  • Ghost stories and local legends


  • Buddhist forms of house blessings/clearings and excorism


  • True stories of the paranormal


  • Pictures


  • Some historical info on each location


  • etc...

The hardest part of my research is compiling witness accounts and stories from the public. Places I am interested in: The Japanese American National Museum both the historic and new building, Any of the Temple's or Churches in Little Tokyo as well as shops, restaurants, Hotels, and public places. I am also interested in portions of the Artists District adjacent to Little Tokyo.

Please if anyone who is reading this, who Volunteers or works in Little Tokyo, Please forward me your experiences of the paranormal and ghosts. What have you seen or heard, when did it happen, and is the place still active. I will also need contact names, addresses and phone numbers. Please send them to jlaparanormal.investigations@gmail.com or send me a message on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment